Web Hosting Problem

Madison Kelly linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 4 02:59:40 UTC 2007

John McGregor wrote:
> Tyler Aviss wote:
>
>> Is it just web traffic that is blocked, or all (SSH, ftp) traffic?
>>
>> Also, have you (or somebody with Rogers) tried a traceroute to see
>> exactly where you're getting blocked off? Shaw took over all the
>> Rogers here in the west so I have no Rogers connections to test it
>> myself.
> When its down (like now), everything is blocked.
> I've done 3 traceroutes on Roger's behalf and sent them the results.
> Last Thurs. they told me that their engineering dept could see it, but
> when I told them that it was still inaccessible to me, they said they
> would investigate further. That was the last that I heard from them
> (although I didn't expect much effort over the long weekend).
>
> John

When John mentioned the problem to me (I work for Nouvo), I tried
digging other domains on the same server/IP against Roger's DNS servers
and got no resolution. Meanwhile, I tried third-party DNS checking
utilities and found no problems. :/

I'm as stumped as John is on this one. Unless I've messed it up badly in
some arcane way, I don't know what I did wrong. If it'd help, I'd be
happy to post the SOA zone record.

Madi