new Rogers terms of service

DANIEL GARDINER dgardiner0821-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 31 18:18:23 UTC 2007

--- "D. Hugh Redelmeier" <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>     14.  You may not use the Services for anything
> other than your own
>     personal use. You may not resell the Services,
> receive any charge or
>     benefit for the use of the Services or provide
> internet access or any
>     other feature of the Services to any third
> party.  You may not share
>     or transfer your Services without our express
> consent.
>
> a. the internet is about sharing.  Is a web server
> sharing my Service
> when it sends a message to me??
>
> b. does that mean that the rest of my household
> (family) cannot use the internet?

  I think they are trying to say that you can't hook
up a wireless router and allow/sell access to your
neighbour(hood).

>     51. [WRT Television Services] Only one
> television or FM receiver may be
>     attached to any outlet. ...
>
> Does this prohibit VCRs, PVRs, etc?

  I don't think so, it sounds more like the old mantra
of "if you want a tv in another room you need to put
in another outlet, you can't split the signal and run
a line to the other room".

Daniel