Nice looking 'disk array'

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 29 22:02:16 UTC 2007

> I can't imagine any hardware raid card
> has the same number of users as software raid under linux.

Ah, but that wasn't what was originally said ;)

You said "Linux software raid also has a lot more testing and a larger
user base, than any hardware raid platform will ever have."

You didn't specify that the 'any hardware raid platform' was linux. With
that admission I would of course have to concur that there's more Linux
software raid users than Linux hardware raid users.

> Software raid is not a toy. It is a very useful tool.

Yeah, I overstated that ;) Still, well done hardware raid *is* a
superior technical design. Not necessarily cost effective for the
average user, I agree.