mythtv -- export to mpeg/burn to dvd?

Michael MacLeod mikemacleod-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 25 02:29:05 UTC 2007

I don't know how much effort you're prepared to put into this, but upgrading
to ubuntu edgy eft and installing the most recent stable version of mythtv
will net you the new MythArchive module, which will do exactly what you
want. I regularly burn off dvd's with the weeks Daily Show and Colbert
Report episodes for my girlfriend and her room mate. It'll even convert
video files off the net and burn them to dvd.

Having installed mythtv 0.18 on breezy as well, I can tell you that if you
follow the guides at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV you'll get a
working system pretty quickly.

If you don't want to reinstall mtythv, you could do the legwork to add
MythBurn to the install you have. I have to say though, that I found it
easier to just upgrade than the shoehorn in MythBurn. However, depending on
just how 'low end' we're talking about, the lower requirements for breezy
and 0.18 might be reason enough to stick with what you have.