IT360 Show April 30 - May 2, 2007

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 23 19:27:14 UTC 2007

Colin McGregor wrote:
> - Arranging to have multiple (well, 2+) booths beside
> each other, such as possibly GTALug and CLUE, so that
> in effect we might be talking a 10' x 20' booth shared
> by 2 groups (or some other multiple of 10' x 10').
> This is still a bit up in the air (both CLUE and the
> show organizers are willing to consider this idea, but
> ... don't hold your breath...).

Actually, you can let your breaths out :-)

According to a conversation from this morning, a request for CLUE and
TLUG to have adjacent spaces appears to have no objection from show
organizers, so there is indeed an opportunity to have a shared 10'x20'
space. We may yet have room for Linuxcaffe's Tuxilla.

It was also confirmed this morning that Maddog Hall will be in Toronto
again this year, which means there will also be a Linux International
booth. Whether this results in a possibility for a combined TLUG/CLUE/LI
booth of 10x30 is pending on our talking to Maddog.

> - Evan is involved in helping set-up a VOIP program track for the show (thus I assume the Asterisk people and their involvement).

True -- Simon Ditner of TAUG is heavily involved as well. (While we're
at it, if anyone here is aware of someone who has something to
contribute on the topic of open source telephony (Asterisk, FOSS skype
alternatives, etc.), please let me know.

> - An idea was kicked around about possibly taking last year's NewTLUG presentation and recycling it for this year's show as part of the (paid) program track...

For those that may not recall, that talk was on "What is a Linux
distribution and how are the various ones different?")

> I would be nervous about doing in-booth presentations with anything less than a 20' x 20' booth.
Agreed, as Colin suggests this is highly unlikely. Also, don't forget
that -- even if the space is available -- the show floor is very noisy;
a PA system that would allow the speaker to be heard, and the chairs for
the audience, don't come free.

- Evan