Ubuntu question

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 23 04:29:49 UTC 2007

Stephen Allen wrote:
> Check your char set setup on your Linux box.  The original was sent
> us-ascii, but since your reply it was changed to UTF-8.
>
> Perhaps your X-Windows or E-mail client can't work with the conversion
> properly. Is your system really set up for UTF-8? Just a thought anyways
If that sig was in us-ascii it must be some form of unicode(?) coding
since standard ascii would have been readable. I know my machine handles
UTF-8 coding since I need that in support of the programming I do in
relation to GIMP.

Then again, perhaps my computer was just hiding that block of text from
me since it knows I am not in the US. It may have felt it was saving me
from what it thought could be US propaganda. ;-)

--
Cheers!

Kevin.