Semi-OT 220v power in the home

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 20 15:02:32 UTC 2007

On Friday 19 January 2007 14:46, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 07:44:38PM -0500, Fraser Campbell wrote:
> > Not really but I agree that it's a PITA. Lots of stuff is still produced
> > with non 110V requirements, HP's brand new C class blade chassis for
> > example needs 3 phase power.
>
> And how much power does a full blade chassis consume?

A lot I am sure but I leave that for the facilities people to figure out ;-)

This overview doc talks a bit about power ...
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00263417/c00263417.pdf

Apparently you can run on single phase power as well but you aren't able to
run he blades full bore in that config.