Where's the mouse pointer?

Merv Curley mervc-MwcKTmeKVNQ at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 19 16:32:29 UTC 2007

On Thursday 18 January 2007 09:08, Martin Duclos wrote:
> To expand on my last post, rhgb seems to be started on a seperate X server
> to avoid flicker when switching to a different tty to the graphic login.
> There appears to be a bug in the nvidia driver. There is one x running for
> rhbg, then a second one is started for graphic login and then rhgb dies.
> Somehow there's an issue with passing ther hardare cursor between two x
> servers. I should have said the workaround is to disable HWcursor as
> opposed to a fix...
> Martin
>

> I found a fix for the problem!
> I added this line to the xorg.conf.
> Option      "HWCursor" "off"
> Found out the same problem seems to be affecting nvidia cards whith rhgb
> installed. Either removing rhgb or modifying xorg.conf fix the problem.
>
> Martin

Thanks from me too, for the solution.

I had this problem with a recent FC and with Mandriva 2007. I just quit
evaluating them. This was with the 'nv' driver.

  No such problem with any Debian based distro or SuSE 10.1 or 10.2.  So it
may be more than just the nvidia driver?

--
Merv Curley
Toronto, Ont. Can

SuSE 10.2 Linux