OT: Copyright law changes could leave consumers vulnerable

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 17 17:36:07 UTC 2007

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> NOW IS THE TIME TO TALK TO YOUR MP.  Unfortunately, your MP is
> probably not of the governing party.

If you are really interested in this topic, I would suggest that you
might want to get involved with CLUE, which is focused on the national
scene. We have helped distribute open source information kits to every
MP in the current Parliament, and have been recognized as an interest
group by the Heritage and Industry ministries (which are both involved
in copyright since it affects cultural as well as business issues).

Joining CLUE is easy. Participating -- helping us spread the word within
the world of policy makers (not just MPs) -- could go a long way, and we
can always use the help. Given that we are in a minority government,
having opposition parties and MPs in support _can_ make a difference.

http://www.cluecan.ca

- Evan