(OT) Re:Why english is important

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 11 16:27:56 UTC 2007

Evan Leibovitch wrote:

>Lennart Sorensen wrote:
>

>>>PS: I highly recommend a trip to one of Toronto's T&T supermarkets; this
>>>ain't no Loblaws.
>>>

>>But they are so amazingly crowded whenever I go there. :)
>>

>Best time to go is Sunday night. They're open every night -- including
>Sundays -- until 10.
>
>And the Promenade location is less crowded than Steeles & Warden.
>
>- Evan

Wait until fall :-)

"Asian `Loblaws' set to expand
Sometimes referred to as the "Loblaws" of Asian grocery stores, T & T
Supermarket Inc. has announced it will open its first downtown Toronto
store on city-owned waterfront property this fall.
The store will be located in the former Knob Hill Farms supermarket on
Cherry St., just north of Polson
Ave."http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/169949

Sometimes, the "English" is a marketing gimmick(admittedly rare).
I have in front of me a jar of "Aunty Gomay" crispy chillied shrimp.
The rest of the label is standard English.
My sister-in-law introduced the rest of the family to it, laughing and
pointing out the play on "gourmet".
It serves its purpose, you remember it and by the way, it's good.

Meng Cheah