Programming/Scripting Resource

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 11 00:58:03 UTC 2007

Someone wrote:
>> So, I have two questions:
>> 1) What language should I look at learning/relearning? I'm thinking
>> Perl, since I've done some before, though it's been a while
Perl is good to know if you are going to be doing a lot of programming
involving text manipulation. However, its syntax can appear to be rather
cryptic at times. I'm pretty comfortable with Perl up to Perl 4. I
haven't gotten in to the use of modules used in Perl 5.

If you are interested in learning something for more general purpose
programming, I would suggest you look at Python, or perhaps even Ruby.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.