Programming/Scripting Resource

Matt matt-oC+CK0giAiYdmIl+iVs3AywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 10 20:52:25 UTC 2007

**WARNING-n00b ALERT**
I've been dabbling in Linux over the last few years, and lately it has
become apparent that my lack of programming/scripting knowledge is going
to be a problem sooner or later, especially after Leah's excellent
session on LDAP last night.  However, I suck at debugging - I can handle
tracking down silly mistakes like missing semicolons and the like, but
when it comes to hardcore debugging, I'm usually up the proverbial
creek.

So, I have two questions:
1) What language should I look at learning/relearning?  I'm thinking
Perl, since I've done some before, though it's been a while
2) Does anyone know a good resource for n00bs to teach themselves?

Thanks!
Matt