need 128mb micro-dimm

Ian Petersen ispeters-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 8 21:06:08 UTC 2007

> So 66MHz PC66 SDRAM SODIMM?  I don't have any, but at least knowing the
> proper name might help find one.

Ordinarily, I wouldn't comment on something like this because I'm no
hardware whiz, but I think there might be a difference between SODIMMs
and Micro-DIMMs.  (I only thought to look into this case because I
happened to notice that a hardware store I
frequent--http://infonec.com--sells both SODIMMs and Micro-DIMMs.)

According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SO-DIMM) SODIMMs
come in 72-, 100-, 144-, or 200-pin formats.  Wikipedia doesn't seem
to have an English article on Micro-DIMMs (there is a German one that
I didn't try to read), but googling for Micro-DIMM returns lots of
hits for places to buy memory in formats like 144-, 172-, and 214-pin.
 Also, this page
http://www.infineon.com/cgi-bin/ifx/portal/ep/channelView.do?channelId=-64253&pageTypeId=17099
seems to suggest that Micro DIMMs are smaller than SODIMMs.

Ian

--
Tired of pop-ups, security holes, and spyware?
Try Firefox: http://www.getfirefox.com