Recent Spadina/College retail experience

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 4 04:27:39 UTC 2007

On 3 Jan 2007 at 11:11, Colin McGregor wrote:

> --- Alex Beamish <talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> [snip: stories of bad customer serice]
>
> > Does anyone else have stories about shopping at
> > Spadina/College? Is my
> > experience unusual?
>
> Your experiences are not unusual, the area is basicly
> a zoo. Yes, I do shop there, as I know there are
> bargins to be had on hardware. But I know/expect that
> the sales staff are full of @#$% and that with 1st
> rate prices comes 4th rate service. This is a
> trade-off I can live with, but I know this is not the
> way for everyone.
>
> Colin McGregor

I agree. I wouldn't go there unless you know what you are looking for. I find
unless you are talking to the manager, most of them don't know jack. But on the
up-side, if a staffer doesn't know something they'll usually admit it, ask the
manager, or surf to the manufacturer's website.

If the hardware comes in a box, I'll read the box for any details I'm missing.
Most of them don't know more than that.

That being said, I have also enjoyed the bargains there, but it is a long drive
these days, so I have been visiting there less often than before.

Paul King