(OT) Canadian FLOSS projects?

bob ican-rZHaEmXdJNJWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 3 15:18:16 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 09:24 am, David J Patrick wrote:
> On 03/01/07, bob <ican-rZHaEmXdJNJWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > The IO Anywhere project has a Canadian hardware dimension as well,
> > headquartered in Kitchener.
>
> what is IOanywhere ? (couldn't quite determine from lazy look at sites)

There are some photos and references here:

http://hometoys.com/htinews/apr06/articles/appliance/part2.htm

The students of my online Intro to Linux Programming course routinely "play"
with an IO Anywhere appliance which is online (at least sometimes online) at
the IO Anywhere headquarters.

http://www.icanprogram.com/42ux/lesson12/lesson12.html

If you go to the main IO Anywhere website (http://www.io-anywhere.ca) you can
interact with that same live IO Anywhere appliance via the "Try Me" tab.
(Last time I tried it would only worked via my Firefox browser and not
Konqueror ??)

> I need to set up an array (30x) of 0-19VDC sources, to drive lighting
> controllers.
> is there an appliance, or components to do that sort of thing ?
> djp

You'd need to contact the engineers at IO Anywhere (www.io-anywhere.ca) with
your specific specs to get a definitive answer.

As the facilitator of the LGPL'd  IO Anywhere Library project,  I'm aware of
some of the areas where this device has been deployed.      These include a
confocal laser eye scanner,   building automation,  point of sale,  pharma
pill press controllers and  insitu steam valve testing.

Certainly if you want to web enable some I/O in my experience this appliance
is quite capable.

bob