[Very OT] Saddam Hanging Video -- Some comments

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 2 14:37:28 UTC 2007

On 2 Jan 2007 at 9:18, Slackrat wrote:

> "Paul King" <sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org> writes:
>
> > If you hear
> > from any major media outlet what the numbers are, let me know. On the other
> > hand, how easy is it to know how many American soldiers are dead?
> >
> http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/

Thanks for that. You indeed had to go to outside of major media outlets to get
even *estimates* of the dead, thus proving my point (notice what the subtitle
of the website says: you *won't* find this stuff on Fox or CNN. Or for that
matter, C-Span, PBS, ABC, NBC or CBS). And this number is a sample based on
surveyors calling Iraqi families and asking how many family members are dead. I
wonder how they were contacted.

And they cite the Washington Post. Kudos to the Washington Post for reporting
it in some detail. In the same article, take note of George Bush's estimate.