Electronic Name Badges.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 24 15:44:09 UTC 2007

Well, I am poking around at a revised BASIC Stamp
based name badge (why not, I already the Stamp on
hand, for someone who doesn't have a BASIC Stamp on
hand there appear to be other more cost effective
solutions).

Problem, I have aquired some 16 character x 2 line LCD
display modules, but no data sheets. The modules have
on them the following markings:

  DM080Z   GEB-2294V-0

My google searches have only turned up others asking
the same question, "what are the pin-outs for this
module?". Things that I have run across include this:

   http://www.epemag.wimborne.co.uk/resources.htm

It seems there is a fairly standard pin-out sequence
for LCD modules, with 14 or 16 pins (the 16 pin
modules use the extra 2 pins to power the LCD
back-light). A problem as my module has 15 pins. Other
stuff, the module has a Hitachi HD44780S chip on it
that I gather is the basis for many "smart" LCD
modules, so I assume the commands to control this
module are fairly typical, but...

Anyone know what the pin-outs are for this modules, or
does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should
procceed?

Thanks.

Colin McGregor