Help with alsa .asoundrc

Martin Duclos tchitow-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 22 20:10:23 UTC 2007

Hi,
I've been trying to find good documentation on .asoundrc file but I haven't
found anything real good. I read through the documents on the alsa web site
and a few wiki but I'm having a difficult time finding what each option is
and how to use them. Most of the documentation are how tos that don't apply
to what I'm trying to do.

I'm using fc6 and the sound card is sound blaster live 5.1. I have 2
speakers next to my monitor, and 2 speakers in the room connected to an amp.
What I want is to have the rear left and right output be the same as the
front right and left and be able to contol both rear and front output with
the master volume control. I suppose I could use a y-splitter but I'd prefer
a software solution. Any tips or link to good documentation would be greatly
appreceated.

Martin