Now THIS is advocacy!

Evan Leibovitch evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 21 23:27:40 UTC 2007

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I would rather build a black box than buy a Dell.  I want to know what
> the hardware is so I know it is supported.  Dell can do whatever they
> want with their computers and software choices.  I won't be buying any
> of them.  Now their LCD monitors on the other hand are nice.

I think you're missing the point. The likelihood that most folks on this
list don't use Dell is irrelevant.

The purpose of advocacy is not to make the point to folks who already
get it. If Dell -- either the #1 or #2 PC maker worldwide -- can be
convinced to offer Linux pre-installs as an option to the current
Windows tax, that is a IMO great advance. It helps reach people who
neither know nor care about the innards of their computers. Most people
who care about what go into their PCs are likely already aware of Linux,
even if they don't use it.

- Evan