Linux+Sympatico Email Revisited

JoeHill joehill-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 19 23:09:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:09:52 -0500 Manimoto Mushi paid someone else to write:

> My friend who had the problem has had to use gmail since then - I cannot
> believe that only those using Outlook can use sympatico's email.

Heck, I use Postfix to send and Fetchmail to receive. No fancy bits
whatsoever, still using pop2.sympatico.ca and smtp1.sympatico.ca with no
authentication (not too worried about some punk reading my mail really). Postfix
relays through Symcraptico's smtp server, and I have no problems.

Now, I've been using this setup for a few years, and never was forced to switch
over to their egregiously annoying M$ setup with Hotmail or Passport, so that
may be the difference. Also, I opted out of Sympatico's really stupid spam
filtering, as it *did* make it nearly impossible for me to check my mail, I
would definitely recommend dumping that crap as it was catching a lot of my list
mail. It took me about 4 calls and 2 supervisors to get that shut down.

Last time I called, I was told I was using their 'Classic' style e-mail service
or something stupid like that, as if I was living in the dark ages. Maybe you
can still ask for that ;-)

--
JoeHill