Electronic Name Badges.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 19 14:07:49 UTC 2007

http://www.streettags.com/PromoTagZ_Economy_RED_LED_BADGE_p/ptz-ec-rd.htm
> http://www.holoshop.com/ledmb.asp
> http://www.usbgeek.com/prod_detail.php?prod_id=0568

http://www.globalsources.com/manufacturers/LED-name-badges.html

Well, the idea of electronic name badges was kicked
around a little while back. From my point of view, the
commercial badges are nice, but I wouldn't bother (I
have a solution that I am more-or-less happy with, I
would just re-work it slightly). It can also be fun to
smell the flux (cleaner used in soldering), and know
you will have something slightly different when
done...

Also, keep in mind that we are NOT talking a hard
wiring project here. The display module I used for the
badge has it's own controller on board, so all the
wiring consisted of was 8 wires from Stamp to
controller (4 data wires, 2 control wires, power and
ground). Then the trick is in the software... This is
all information I would be happy to share.

Any event, not a big priority from my point of view,
if people are interested in going down the commercial
route, or buy some LOW end controllers (like the BASIC
Stamp or Atmel Butterfly) and/or LCD display modules I
would be happy to help co-ordinate a bulk purchase to
bring down the price for everyone.

Colin McGregor