Linux kernel 2.6.19 ATA drive support boobytrap

tleslie tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 19 06:35:25 UTC 2007

I read that some mobo's are coming out with sata drivers (controls) in
bios/firmware (which is the norm) but no longer pata support, that is
now the responsibility of OS loaded drivers, no different then say for a
RAID card.
So it is a new thing, and it has already caused issues with
making live-cd/dvd useless on those mobo's unless the
live distro has the new drivers.

-tl