Linux kernel 2.6.19 ATA drive support boobytrap

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 18 17:03:38 UTC 2007

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 09:49:43AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote

> This is hardly anything unusual.  Things are moved sometimes.  make
> oldconfig has never been a "Take my working config, run make oldconfig,
> hit enter on whatever it asks, and build".

  I will admit to getting lazy.  This is the first time it's bitten me
like that.  99.9% of the changes seem to be support being added for
exotic SCSI and/or RAID controllers.  Since my system worked OK without
this support previously, I hit "No" by default.

--
Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1