Borg candy

Peter P. plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 18 11:15:36 UTC 2007

David C. chipman <dchipman at ...> writes:

> 	Hi Peter,
>
> 		What can I say? That was a fascinating blog entry. I
> have to wonder though, about the slacking off that occurred. In the
> case of M$, it might explain the "good enough" quality of their
> software... Hmm? Later,

I don't know about any 'slacking'. m$ continues to focus on 'user experience'
(see under paperclip, scratch doggy and 'cool' warping windows) and raking in
dollars using format user lock-in and license fee rises, and almost everyone
else works hard to make their software usable and compatible (in the sense of
not wiping out 5-sheet worksheets or 10-page painstakingly typeset documents
when something or other happens).

Peter P.