Compiling ntop on fc6

Kihara Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 16 06:37:03 UTC 2007

Hi all,
 Have anyone here had an opportunity to compile ntop on fedora core 6? I am
getting an error that doesn't make sense. All the checks are okay except for
obscure software like Fortran - which I don't believe are critical, but the
interesting error is the listed below

checking for main in -lrrd_th... no
configure: error: Unable to find RRD: please use --with-rrd-home=DIR

>From above, one assumes it can't see RRD binary, but I am sure that rpm is
installed as seen below
[root at localhost ntop-3.3-rc0]# rpm -qa | grep rrd
rrdtool-perl-1.2.18-1.fc6
rrdtool-1.2.18-1.fc6

I also made a soft link of the binary rrdtool-1.2.18-1.fc6 to rrdtool, but
this didn't help. Including the home path for rrd-tool as suggested by the
error was also in vain. Google offered very little as the only link that
come up is at the end of this mail. Any help would be appreaciate and thanks
in advance.

Below is the list of failed checks
checking net/bpf.h usability... no
checking net/bpf.h presence... no
checking for net/bpf.h... no
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no

checking for main in -lxnet... no
checking for main in -lsocket... no

checking for g77... no
checking for f77... no
checking for xlf... no
checking for frt... no
checking for pgf77... no
checking for fort77... no
checking for fl32... no
checking for af77... no
checking for f90... no
checking for xlf90... no
checking for pgf90... no
checking for epcf90... no
checking for f95... no
checking for fort... no
checking for xlf95... no
checking for ifc... no
checking for efc... no
checking for pgf95... no
checking for lf95... no
checking for gfortran... no
checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... no
checking whether  accepts -g... no

www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/ntop/users/18923

William