Is your zoneinfo updated for "new and improved" DST?

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 12 17:05:16 UTC 2007

Walter Dnes wrote:
>   It'll be here in a month.  Here's how to check, assuming that you're
> on "Canada/Eastern" time.  Note the changeovers on Mar 11 and Nov 4.
>
> [m3000][~] /usr/sbin/zdump -v /usr/share/zoneinfo/Canada/Eastern | grep 2007

I had read something in the newspaper that a change to when the clocks change
was being considered. I didn't realize a change to the times had been adopted.

My Linux box is up to date based on the output from the command you listed.
I've updated the changeover points in my PDA. The only thing left to do is to
figure out how to update the information in the old version of Windows on my
machine (which is no longer supported by MS).

I won't be surprised to find that some of the VCRs in the house will change at
the wrong time of year.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.