Fwd: Re:Mythtery: Rogers Cable channel lineup changes for Toronto

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 11 16:08:45 UTC 2007

--- Michael MacLeod <mikemacleod-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I managed to fix this. I logged into zap2it, deleted
> my lineup, saved, and
> then recreated it. Next, I stopped the backend,
> loaded up mythtv-setup, and
> deleted my capture cards, video sources, and input
> connections. Saved that.
> Then started mythtv-setup and recreated them. I was
> probably a little
> over-zealous about what you have to delete in
> mythtv-setup, but for my setup
> it's easy to recreate it. You could probably get
> away with just deleting
> your video sources and input connections, but
> keeping your capture cards.

Yes, this is about what I ended up having to do. Big
issue seems to be that mythbackend MUST be shut down
before you make changes to channel line-up, otherwise
wierdness happens. The wierdness I saw before going in
to kill and re-creating things was channel listings
were shifted in the program grid, so listings for
channel 2 showed up for channel 3, channel 3 appeared
by channel 4 etc.. Now, all fixed.

I did use the whole exercise to also drop in channel
icons, I trust all the local MythTV users know about:

   http://www.lyngsat-logo.com/

Through the above you can find the logos for the vast
majority of channels available via Rogers (though with
some you will have hunt a bit, like the TV Guide
channel logo is under USA, etc.). Now, some channels I
don't directly care about the station logo, for
example I don't care about the CBLT Toronto logo, all
I care about is that station is a CBC station, thus my
use of the CBC logo, NOT the CBLT logo. The only logo
I couldn't find via the above was for VoicePrint, but
I just grabbed that from:

  http://www.voiceprintcanada.com/index.php

Then I dropped all the logos into:

  /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/

and entered the appropriate info. into the channel
line-up.

Trick that I have used that I hope will make life
easier in future, when setting up the icon files, I
put them into a subdirectory under
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/ and then used symlinks
to connect the name used by Zap2It and the "real"
file. this way I can enter under the channel info. in
myth-setup the icon /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/cblt
and have the 'cblt" file point to what ever image I
want to appear on screen.

Colin McGregor