First impression of Vista

E K ekg_ab-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sun Feb 11 02:14:22 UTC 2007

--- CLIFFORD ILKAY <clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 February 2007 18:34, CLIFFORD ILKAY wrote:
> Mac,
> when
> OK.
> > >
> > > I'm sorry, but the single menu bar at the top of the screen is
> > > the Right Way (tm) to do it. I can always find it, even if I'm
> > > not looking at the screen. I use linux, windows, and mac os x
> > > about equally right now, and I can't tell you how much I wish
> for
> > > a single menu bar in ubuntu.

But on the other hand when you have overlapping windows, the only way
to ensure that you are working on the right window is if the menu bar
is tied to the windows rather than at the top which is common for
all.

You really got to be a meticulus user to not make mistake using a
menu for one window thinking you are using it for another one. But
then, if you do what I do, maximize window to avoid window confusion,
then you will have the menu bar always at the top.

I don't think the Right Way (tm) is really the right way :-)

EK