xen virtualization and linux distros

Christopher Friedt cfriedt-u6hQ6WWl8Q3d1t4wvoaeXtBPR1lH4CV8 at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 10 08:57:32 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

My company would like to set up some virtualization on one of our
multi-processor / multi-core server machines, using Xen.

I've heard excellent things about Xen. The question is, which 'distro'
should one use with it.

I've been a gentooer for quite a while now, and believe that it's pretty
great, even for server administration. The Xen / Gentoo documentation is
pretty good, and they've apparently even done it somehow so that when
you make a new image, it doesn't have to be a whole distro - only some
basic necessities.

This is sort of a survey, but does anyone have experience using Xen for
virtualization?

If so, which flavour of linux was used?

Are there any dis / advantages that can be highlighted?

~/Chris