of Hackers, Newbies and Fanboys

Dave Sullivan demsullivan-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 10 01:55:09 UTC 2007

Marcel,

Indeed, the CRN article was very much based on hearsay and mailing list
ramblings, and IMO is an example of very poor reporting. Not once did the
writer make an attempt to ask us for an official word. It was never our
intention to trespass or cause a disturbance of any kind. In fact, the event
was quite peaceful and consisted of CDs and informational sheets being handed
out, as well as talking to folks on the street about open source and software
licensing.

Now that I'm writing my first post to the TLUG mailing list, I'll take the
opportunity to introduce myself: I am the lead "Ubuntu fanboy" for the
Toronto team, and I am looking forward to taking steps in the right direction
with regards to co-operating with the TLUG community.

I think the Software Freedom Day 2007 project is a great way to collaborate
and share our ideas and experience to work toward our common goals. Pending
schedule arrangements, I plan on being present at the next TLUG meeting. I
hope that TLUG folks will take similar steps and join us at an Ubuntu Toronto
meeting to see what we're all about as well.

--
Dave Sullivan
dave-VvnUh7fPG/k7v45Mz1C67QC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org
647-235-0328