Recommend a video card?

Fri Feb 9 21:02:58 UTC 2007

On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 03:43:42PM -0500, Ian Petersen wrote:
>I understand that Intel makes some video hardware that meets all your
>criteria.  I'm not sure of the model numbers, or if it's possible to
>buy them as outboard cards--you may have to buy a motherboard with
>Intel video on board.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I note that there are several chipsets
mentioned on the fsf.org page relating to Intel video cards, which
looked promising.  However, I have not been able to find an Intel video
card that wasn't an on-board model.  If I bought a new motherboard I'd
have to buy a new CPU as well, and then my perfectly functional RAM
would have to be replaced, and all of a sudden it's priced me out of a
new monitor, which is the reason for this exercise.  I appreciate the
suggestion, and if anyone can recommend a stand-alone Intel video card
I'd be quite interested.  Thanks again.
--

yours,

William