of Hackers, Newbies and Fanboys

Fri Feb 9 20:14:20 UTC 2007

Thank you David.  I have been recently dismayed at the negative tone of
some of the threads on this list, and I'm pleased to see it being
addressed.

Enthusiasm can lead to faux pas and tactical missteps, but, given the
generally mature and tolerant tone the list sets, I think we can cut
those who are enthused a little slack.

People who use Linux are a pretty diverse group, and just as there is no
One True Distro there is no single motivation for Linux use.  Just as we
help one another out technically with patience and forbearance, we can
debate advocacy and publicity in the same spirit.
--

yours,

William