router/printserver/printer recommendations

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 8 15:56:37 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 08, 2007 at 02:34:01AM -0500, Tim Writer wrote:
> According to the above page, the WRT54GL and WRT54G v4 have 4MB RAM and
> 16MB of flash.

You sure it's not 4MB flash and 16MB ram?  That would make much more
sense on an embedded system.

> I agree about the WRT54G v5. The WRT54GS v1 through v3 all have 8MB RAM,
> 32MB flash, and are supported by OpenWRT, i.e. can run Linux. I'm running
> Asterisk with decent voice quality on my WRT54GS v2.

Hmm, I thought the GS only had one version before the stripped it down.
I must have misremembered.  Certainly the extra ram and flash on the
early GS models was nice, but they don't make those anymore and they
don't make a WRT54GSL.

> Don't you mean vxworks?

Typo.  Oops. :)

--