[OT] Another unconventional http address

Paul King sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 8 06:56:18 UTC 2007

>From the "stupid browser tricks" department:

About a year ago (possibly longer) I mentioned that some spammers were using
what I had thought were interesting, such as entering a long integer where the
IP address (or, more generally, a web address) ought to be, such as:
http://10000000003328/ (probably doesn't lead anywhere, but is just an
example).

I have a new one, from a apammer. This website appears to have a RedHat Apache
placeholder page: http://0xc8.0x2b.0x50.0x74/

That is the first time I had seen anyone use hex digits for a web URL.

Paul King