Fwd: Ubuntu Ice House: Repeat Event Today!

Zbigniew Koziol softquake-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 7 23:55:22 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 19:07, John Macdonald wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 05:38:53PM -0500, James Knott wrote:
> > John Macdonald wrote:
> > >
> > > Schrodinger's cats would both be with you all the time
> > > and not with you ever.
> >
> > How much cat food would you need?  ;-)
>
> A lot.  The cats would always be there when the food was
> available and not there when it isn't.

Even a worser scenario is possible. If cats behave like bosons, they may
undergo a quantum phase transition and condense into Bose-Einstein state.
Such a state would attract other cats around. It is however an interesting
analogy. Here the food plays a role of an interaction that actually does not
occour between cats directely, however, that interaction is mediated by the
presence of food. In other words, food plays a role of, let say, of
interaction like between phonons and electrons. And while electrons repulse
each other, in certain situations they can bind together into Cooper pairs
and create a superconductive state.

Better do not feed these cats at all.. Food besides can attract dogs as well.
I would prefer not to see dogs condensed into a superfluid state... They
would all behave like one. They would flow through the windows, doors,
regardles of gravitation. They could flow out through chimney, all of them
behaving like one super-dog.

zb.