Simple video editing?

Marcel Gagne mggagne-oUREY1nl/XXQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 7 18:04:55 UTC 2007

Hello Evan (and everyone else, too),

On February 7, 2007 02:30:44 am Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> I have two DIVX (.avi extension) video files. I want to reduce the size
> of them, by reducing the resolution, but also by chopping off the first
> and last few seconds of the clip.
>
> Any suggestions? Is ffmpeg the best tool for resizing?

Given that video is a graphical experience, I tend to prefer graphical tools
here. Two of my favourites are KdenLive and Avidemux.

   http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/index.php
   http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/

KdenLive is, for lack of a better word, a movie-making tool (they refer to it
as a non-linear video editor).  Its downside is that it is still in early
development and, while good in many ways, it is somewhat unstable. Avidemux,
in terms of flat out simplicity, may be just what you need.  As with any
video editing tool, however, prepare yourself for an hour or so of playing
around before you achieve anything.  Later, you'll be thankful.

Take care out there.

--
Marcel (Writer and Free Thinker at Large) Gagné
Note: This massagee wos nat speel or gramer-checkered.