First impression of Vista

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 6 14:00:07 UTC 2007

--- Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I've mentioned that so far I don't see non-IT folks
> seeing a compelling
> reason to install Linux. Maybe in Vista MS will
> provide Linux with the
> compelling reason (DRM nastiness), without the
> needing to do anything
> different.

Well, some IT folks don't see a need to install Linux.
I know one local IT guru who thinks that Linux isn't
reliable enough for him. Said guru's home machines are
an odd collection of Sun, SGI and PCs running
FreeBSD... To each their own, at least said guru knows
enough to RUN away from MS Windows...

Colin McGregor