Fwd: Ubuntu Ice House: Repeat Event Today!

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 5 23:35:54 UTC 2007

On 2/5/07, Jamon Camisso <jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> So I shouldn't bother getting people to try it out because you aren't
> out there with me? Dundas Square is a great location judging by the
> number of other poor students and hobbyists who were there. Geeks too.
>
> Just remember these words I heard once from a marketing friend who no
> doubt picked it up from somewhere else: "Geek is chic"

I think the Penguin did a good job to remind Microsoft and the general
public that they can't lay claim to public spaces unchallenged.  That
was important IMHO.  Good marketing message.  Bad sales pitch :-)

There's a mixed metaphor in all this somewhere.  Those who throw
pitches from ice houses attract penguins?

-Mike