Adobe flash player within Konqueror?

Andrej Marjan amarjan-e+AXbWqSrlAAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 3 01:14:10 UTC 2007

On February 1, 2007 01:45:03 pm Evan Leibovitch wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've downloaded the new Adobe Flash Player 9 and it works great within
> Firefox. However, I don't know how to get Konqueror to understand to
> open flv files using the plugin (it works fine on swf files).
>
> Using mplayer mighe be an option as a standalone, but it only plays flv
> videos silently.
>
> It's greatly appreciate if anyone could suggest a fix to either issue:
>
> - hearing audio properly when playing an flv file within mplayer
> - getting Konqueror to use the Adobe Firefox plugin to play flv files
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Evan

Konqueror will run Netscape plugins just fine in a helper process.

Check Settings..Configure Konqueror..Plugins. There's a button labelled "Scan
for new plugins" which might be all you need.

Just make sure you don't have any old flash player binaries lying around. I
had trouble with Konqueror when I installed Flash 9 because I had a Flash 7
plugin somewhere in ~/.mozilla.

Under the "Plugins" tab, the checkbox "Use artsdsp to pipe plugin sound
through aRts" is checked in the default Kubuntu profile.

If you're using Ubuntu (or Debian I presume?), I highly recommend using the
Adobe Flash Player installer package.