OT: Load balancing of 2 DSL connection

Robert Brockway rbrockway-wgAaPJgzrDxH4x6Dk/4f9A at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 1 23:56:27 UTC 2007

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, JM wrote:

> hi,
> 	does anyone here knows of a good load balancer DSL connections?

You can use iproute2 to load balance the links.  You can even weight the
links (so if one is twice as fast as the other you can push packets out in
a 2:1 ratio).  Last time I did this fail-over was not it's strong point.

If you don't want to do that you can split the 'net in 2 (as I did once)
and route half out one link and half out the other :)

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073