running windows via kvm module -- any experiences?

Tim Writer tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 1 04:30:06 UTC 2007

ted leslie <tleslie-RBVUpeUoHUc at public.gmane.org> writes:

> I went down this road,
>
> I installed SLED for my wife and she was ok with evolution email
> and firefox,

[snip]

I gave my wife a simple choice:

  1. Use Windows and get little or no support from me because it's too time
     consuming (not to mention expensive) to support and I find using
     Windows so unpleasant that it makes me very grumpy.

  2. Use Linux and get all the support she needs.

This was about 1996 or so and she's been using Linux ever since.

Currently she's running Ubuntu Dapper on a 2GHz Dell laptop with 512M RAM.
She has Windows '98 running in Vmware for the occasional Windows program
that has no Linux equivalent (mainly sewing and knitting stuff). She's very
happy with this setup and needs very little support, much less than she did
when she was just running Windows.

A lot of Windows users say they want something that "just works". What they
really want is something that works just like Windows.

--
tim writer <tim-s/rLXaiAEBtBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>                                  starnix inc.
647.722.5301                                      toronto, ontario, canada