Autoflush USB thumb drive after copy

Fraser Campbell fraser-eicrhRFjby5dCsDujFhwbypxlwaOVQ5f at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 1 04:00:11 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 20:43, Byron Sonne wrote:

> This must be a very basic issue and I'm sure there's a quick fix for it.
> However, I haven't found a quick fix by poking around my system or STFW
> yet. I thought for sure this'd be something I could tweak with an
> /etc/sysconfig editor, but no go. sysctl -a didn't show anything that
> looked apropos either.

I think you might get close to the behaviour that you want by arranging for
the filesystem to be mounted synchronously (sync option), dirsync might also
be needed, dunno.

Keep in mind that even Windows forces you to "safely remove" hardware such as
this - though it may commit it's writes more quickly than Linux.