Autoflush USB thumb drive after copy

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Feb 1 01:43:56 UTC 2007

Hey All,

I've got a USB thumb drive that I rarely use. Just started to again, but
when I copy a file to it, unless I umount the node when I'm done, the
file doesn't get committed. IMO, this is stupid - anyone know the
reasoning behind this?

This must be a very basic issue and I'm sure there's a quick fix for it.
However, I haven't found a quick fix by poking around my system or STFW
yet. I thought for sure this'd be something I could tweak with an
/etc/sysconfig editor, but no go. sysctl -a didn't show anything that
looked apropos either.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,