Phisher of the Week

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 30 18:03:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 08:33:28PM -0500, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote
> > As part of Fore Arts & Craft Ltd.....
>              ^^^^
> The Fore people found to be eating the brains of dead relatives in Papua
> New Guinea, thereby spreading a prion-based disease.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fore_%28people%29
>
> An unfortunate choice of company name, I would say...

  Well, sometimes shit happens.  Back in the 1940's, a trademark was
registered for a dietary supplement.  I think the guy's name was Andrew
Young, or something like that.  He named his dietary supplement after
himself.  Since "Andrew Young's Dietary Supplement" was a mouthfull to
say, it was shortened to AYDS.  He sold the brand to another company,
which was bought by another company, etc.  The product was actually
quite successful in the late 1970's and early 1980's, with the slogan
that "AYDS helps you lose wight".  Then disaster struck.  You can
actually find some old commercials for it on Google video, etc.

I'm not repeating myself
I'm an X Window user...  I'm an ex-Windows-user