OT: Short time apartment or room in Toronto, *nix friendly ?

Peter P. plpeter2006-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Dec 22 13:30:44 UTC 2007

Tyler Aviss <tjaviss at ...> writes:

> maybe some more specifics on what you're looking for would help?

Thanks for answering and sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I am
looking for a furnished room, short term (max 3 months) in Toronto. I will
likely not be driving a car during this time so parking is moot. I also do not
plan to live in a palace. $650 for a simple furnished room looks a bit steep
from here but we'll see. The time frame implies arrival in January-February. By
unix friendly I mean someone who will not call the cops and/or evict me when/if
something other than windows is plugged into the wlan or ethernet or if I ask
terrorist/spy questions like 'do you do port forwarding' from the man of the
house(or man of the router?). I do not plan to download big files or anything.
After reading a few articles about people 'getting caught' using free wlan in
the states I have decided to add this requirement. Asking does not hurt.

About being old, my mistake. I should have said that I am 40 years young. Also
that I wish I had today's brains and life experience when I was 20.

thanks to all who responded, I'll be back about this,
Peter P.