Emergency exit from X to tty1

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Thu Dec 20 23:57:37 UTC 2007

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 09:29:44AM -0500, Evan Leibovitch wrote

> I believe that many current systems still have a "hardware" on/off
> switch, but it's on the power supply at the back of the PC.

  Evan and Ivan, every X86 PC I've seen in recent years has had both...
  - a large "soft-wired" (ACPI-controlable) poweroff button, and
  - a small hard-wired poweroff button

  Only the "soft-wired" button is usable for my hint.

I'm not repeating myself
I'm an X Window user...  I'm an ex-Windows-user