MythTV presentation sources and resources.

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 18 23:13:16 UTC 2007

--- Dave Germiquet <davegermiquet-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Just so you know I've  bought a IR blaster / ir
> receiver before for
> about 20 bucks however you should make sure the
> following:

Where did you get your IR blaster? I expect to be
dealing with a box early in the new year where I will
have to use an IR blaster, and if I can go with a
pre-built solution that would be nice...

> 1. You have enough serial ports (it appears NEW
> computers are getting
> rid of serial ports) this pisses me off

Agreed.

> 2. You have enough PCI slots (most computers
> nowadays are only having
> 3 or 4 which piss me off toop)

This is not as big a concern in my mind as there are
some external tuners that do work with MythTV such as:

  www.silicondust.com

Colin McGregor