gtkpod on ubuntu

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 18 16:59:39 UTC 2007

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 12:55:09AM -0500, JoeHill wrote:
> The problem in the case of this gtkpod package is that it keeps wanting to
> update the experimental package even though the version numbers appear (to me)
> to be the same. On my Ubuntu system it shows an update from 0.99.10-2~ppa1 to
> 0.99.10-2. Is there some way, like a 'skip list', to tell apt not to upgrade a
> particular package unless one explicitly requests it? I know urpmi allows me to
> do this, but I also know how you feel about package managers like RPM ;)

Well -2 ought to be newer than an experimental -2 package, but if in
this case it isn't, then you can just put it on hold.

echo "packagename hold" | dpkg --set-selections

Or hit '=' on the package in aptitude.

To remove it from hold do:

echo "packagename install" | dpkg --set-selections

Or go hit '+' in aptitude on the package.

--
Len Sorensen