Web hosting

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Dec 18 05:27:12 UTC 2007

It looks like I need to start a search for a new hosting provider, as
present providers are apparently closing down in January.

My ideal, I think, would be to be able to run a virtual host, so that
I could customize software on it as I prefer.

linode.com looks interesting, albeit a bit more expensive than I was
hoping for...

Any other suggestions?
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results."  -- assortedly attributed to Albert
Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Rita Mae Brown, and Rudyard Kipling