Question about USB device detection

Dominic Bonfiglio dominicbonfiglio-Mmb7MZpHnFY at public.gmane.org
Sun Dec 16 02:09:12 UTC 2007

Hello everyone,

I am running kde 3.5.5 on opensuse 10.2. When my computer (Ibm t42p)
exits sleep mode (suspend to ram), it no longer automatically detects
USB devices. I assume that some module needs to be reloaded, as this is
also the case with my wireless--where, when I reactivate the computer, I
have to enter as root:

# rcnetwork stop
# rmmod ath_pci
# modprobe ath_pci
# rcnetwork start

Is there a something similar I can do to get USB detection going again?
I checked the Internet, but my search attempts are not getting me what I
need. Can anyone help, or at least point the way?

Thanks,
DB